MIDDLEBURG HEIGHTS FIRST RESPONDERS SAVE RESIDENT’S LIFE.

On December 2nd, 2019, Middleburg Heights first responders made the difference between life and death for one very lucky resident.

After flu-like symptoms caused a resident to become extremely ill and faint, first responders arrived at the residents home to discover this was something much worse than the flu, but carbon monoxide poisoning from a leaking furnace leading to almost fatal results.

The Middleburg Heights first responders immediately jumped into action saving the woman’s life and pinpointing the location of the leak. The City is lucky to be protected by this immensely well-trained and knowledgeable team.

On January 14th, 2020, Mayor Matthew Castelli and Fire Chief Briant Galgas honored dispatcher Laurie Fava, Lt. Tom Cramer and firefighter/paramedics Shawn Zerman and Matt Cole for the life-saving action they took that day.

A Carbon Monoxide detector can save your life and it is encouraged all residents are equipped with one or two operating detectors in their homes at all times.

Read more at www.cleveland.com