“Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno” is a Latin phrase that translates in English as, “All for one and one for all.” The phrase is attributed to the novel The Three Musketeers written by Alexandre Dumas, in the mid-1800’s.
The novel was about a group of specially trained French soldiers called musketeers. The lead character, D’Artagnan, desperately wanted to be a musketeer and even more so, longed to be like his three unique friends Athos, Porthos, and Aramis. D’Artagnan wanted to be like them because the three had formed a very special bond together. In the best of times and in the worst of times their loyalty to one another remained steadfast. They always had each other’s back; they were like brothers and always looked out for one another’s well-being!
Those three characters became known as The Three Musketeers and as mentioned above, their motto “All for one and one for all” still remains significant today, especially in this instance.
As I see it, Middleburg Heights, Berea and Brook Park, all part of the Berea School District, are the new “Three Musketeers”…we are the “Titans”…we are…“All for one and one for all!”
The Berea City School District has worked tirelessly to unite the district’s students as one. They have dedicated this upcoming week beginning on Monday, August 19 through Friday, August 23 as Titans Spirit Week! Will you please join the celebration and participate in spirit week on behalf of, well…all of us Titans!
Here are 5 things you can do to support the Titans:
- Wear blue and orange as often as possible this week!
- Place a Titan sign in your home or business window.
- Wear Titan stickers as often as possible all week!
- Join high school students, staff, marching band and fall sports teams to take part in a Parade of the Titans at 1 p.m., Aug. 23 in Baldwin Wallace University’s George Finnie Stadium.
- Be a positive advocate, leader and role model in all you do, to support each student while they make this transition!