In February of 2020, the Police Department received certification through the Ohio Collaborative as part of an ongoing effort by Mayor Matt Castelli, City Council, and Police Chief Ed Tomba to foster a strong relationship between community members and the police that serve them. “As Mayor, I am proud that our Police Force is certified … Continue reading “The City of Middleburg Heights Is Committed to Community Policing”
The City of Middleburg Heights has completed the Southland Business District Redevelopment Planning Study to ensure the creation of a sustainable future for Southland Shopping Center. The location of Southland Shopping Center creates an opportunity for a refreshed mixed-use district that connects to the larger Middleburg Heights community and encourages new economic growth. The future of Southland Shopping Center is one that is exciting, refreshing and inspiring. It is a place that brings people together through recreational trails, public spaces and a new mixed-use district. By reimagining this site into a trend-setting destination, the City of Middleburg Heights can launch itself into a thriving future and provide a transformative new community hub.
To read the Cleveland.com story click here.
In response to the State of Ohio guidelines for business reopening, Middleburg Heights City Hall is open to the public for regular business operations. To protect the health of employees and visitors to City Hall, the following protocols will be in effect until further notice:
- Per the State of Ohio guidelines we are asking all employees to wear a face covering and engage in proper social distancing at all times (minimum 6 feet separation) and we encourage face coverings for all visitors.
- It is encouraged that visitors to City Hall make appointments when possible to limit congestion.
- Due to small waiting areas, only one (1) person at a time will be allowed at a counter in each department to avoid congestion.
- All employees and visitors to City Hall will be expected to practice social distancing so as to maintain a minimum of 6 feet between people.
- The occupancy of City Hall may be limited at times so as to meet social distancing guidelines and not exceed 50% of the maximum capacity as established by the Fire Code.
- All work areas will be cleaned and sanitized thoroughly throughout the work day and at the close of business or between shifts.
Current helpful resources:
- A list of Middleburg Heights restaurants currently providing carry out and delivery options.
- List of Businesses Currently Hiring.
- Cuyahoga County Board of Health – Questions? Call (216) 201-2000
- Middleburg Heights Food Pantry
- SCAN Hunger Center Pantry
The State of Ohio has created the Office of Small Business Relief which identifies and provides direct support to small businesses during the current public health crisis and positions them for a strong rebound. As always, the Middleburg Heights Department of Economic Development is here to provide assistance to all businesses in the City. The … Continue reading “The State of Ohio Office of Small Business Relief”
Responsible RestartOhio is about protecting the health of employees, customers, and their families; supporting community efforts to control the spread of the virus; and, leading in responsibly getting Ohio back to work.
Review all Sector Specific Operating Requirements here.