The following VIOLATION SCHEDULE has been adopted by the Middleburg Heights Mayor’s Court to be used when a defendant, who meets the restrictions below, wishes to waive his/her right to appear in open court.
Please contact the court office to obtain the correct waiver amount. Middleburg Heights Mayor’s Court only accepts the following methods of payment: cash, check, money order, MasterCard and Visa. Waivers may be paid in person or mailed to the court office. Defendants are required to provide the signed ticket and proof of insurance.
- SPEEDING VIOLATION: $4 per mile in excess of limit plus $100 court costs. 20+ miles in excess of limit: $4 per mile in excess of limit + $100 costs + $10 penalty. School zone speeds of 40mph or higher require a personal appearance in court.
- FINES IN CONSTRUCTION ZONES DOUBLED
- WARRANT FEE: $100
- LICENSE FORFEIT FEE: $50
- COMPUTER FEE: $2
- 0 – 2,000 LBS. OVERWEIGHT $ 80 + $100 COURT COSTS = $180
- 2,000 – 5,000 LBS. OVERWEIGHT $100 + $1 FOR EA. 100 LBS. OVER + $100
- 6,000 – 10,000 LBS. OVERWEIGHT $130 + $2 FOR EA. 100 LBS. OVER + $100
- OVER 10,000 LBS. OVERWEIGHT $160 + $3 FOR EA. 100 LBS. OVER + $100
- GROSS LOAD LIMITS (MINIMUM) $100 + $100 = $200
- ALL AMOUNTS BELOW INCLUDE COSTS OF $100
($61 CITY, $39 STATE) See Exceptions***
- MINOR MISDEMEANORS: $100 (FINE) + $100 (COSTS)
Offense Total Fine
All other traffic violations not requiring personal appearance: moving $135/non-moving $120.
Offenses Not Waiverable by Mayor’s Court
- Any felony or indictable offense;
- Offenses resulting in an accident;
- Operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or any drug of abuse;
- Reckless driving;
- Leaving the scene of an accident;
- Driving while under suspension/revocation of driver’s license;
- A third moving violation within 12 months;
- Failure to stop and remain standing upon meeting or overtaking a school bus stop on the highway for the purpose of receiving or discharging a school child;
- Willfully eluding or fleeing a police officer;
- Drag racing;
- Speeds of 90 or more miles per hour;
- School zone violation (40 or more miles per hour);
- Any otherwise waiverable ticket marked by the officer, by reason of unusual circumstance, “PERSONAL APPEARANCE REQUIRED”