Learn to Swim and Program Information
Swimming lessons are offered to children ages 18 months and older. All classes incorporate “Exit Skills” that will blend proper body positioning, change of direction and an understanding of aquatic safety in order to progress. Please read the new guidelines carefully or call Jessica Rockhill at 440-234-2255 or email her at email@example.com . All lessons are taught at the indoor heated pool; average temperature is 86 degrees. The student/teacher ratio is generally 3:1 for preschool and levels 1, 2 or 3.
- Winter 2017 Aquatic Program Guide
- 2016-2017 Learn to Swim Registration Dates
- Winter 2017 Water Exercise Instructor Schedule
- Winter 2017 Pool Schedule by Area
- Private Swim Lessons
Considered the most popular place in the City of Middleburg Heights, the natatorium area offers wet fun for everyone. As opposed to the traditional “rectangular” lap pool, this free form body of water links several wet attractions together. The tot pool area has a shallow 4″ start and slopes to 18″ at its deepest point. In the center of the tot pool is a bright and colorful play feature with a slide, water jets and plenty of rope pulls and wheels to turn for interactive fun.
There is a current channel that can be used as a “lazy river” with inflatable floats or as therapeutic resistance walking against the current. There is a bubble couch, an in-water bench area and an above-deck hot tub. A three-lane lap area anchors the current. This 4-1/2 foot deep area functions for either short lap swimming or as an open area for water aerobics programs. Another offering for the pool areas is a circular vortex section with an in-water bench and swirling water currents.
The last area is the splashdown pool for the 14 ft. tall, 100 ft. long water slide that is a hit with thrill seekers of all ages. The entire pool area is bathed in natural light through the seven expansive arch-topped window openings that face south. The natatorium has views through these windows to the outdoor pool area as well as views that open to the track above and into the casual activity area. The pool area also has a sauna, steam and first aid room, along with office space for the lifeguards and the aquatics director.
The outdoor pool area is the summer complement to the indoor pool. From June through early September, the outdoor pool is a haven for “beating the heat.” The outdoor pool has a zero entrance beach and shallow play area for small children. There are many play features, including water cannons, tumble buckets and a lily-pad walk.There is also a splashdown pool for the 17 ft. tall, 120 ft. long outdoor slide. In addition to all the fun features, we have plenty of deck space for lounging in the sun.
A separate concession stand and eating area provides cold drinks, quick meals and tasty snacks. The design also incorporates a secondary entrance through a ‘gate house’ check-in for quick access to the pool without walking through the building.
Adult Water Exercise ProgramsThe Middleburg Heights Community Center offers the following water exercise programs for adults
Basic Water ExerciseJust right for the average participant. We mix gentle exercise and moderate aerobics that almost anyone can do. Instructors will help you find the right pace for your needs. Flexibility and strengthening exercises are a big part of this class.
SilverSplash®A free class for SilverSneakers members that offers total body aqua conditioning. This class focuses on increasing agility, range of motion, and cardio. No swimming ability required. Class is taught by a certified SilverSneakesr Instructor.
Water AerobicsPick up the intensity! Exercise will include at least 20 minutes of moderate to high-level aerobics. Increase cardiovascular fitness, muscle toning, and flexibility in a safe environment.
Party/Group Swim PackagesDid you know that we offer several birthday party packages that include use of our indoor pool (year round) and outdoor pool (in the summer months)? Office Manager Mary Marando (firstname.lastname@example.org) can help you book your classroom birthday party package, our Kidszone party package, our popular "Dolphin Room" birthday party package, and our outdoor pool plaza birthday party package.
American Red Cross AffiliationFor nearly a century, the American Red Cross has prepared people to save lives through health and safety education and training. Programs range from first aid, CPR and blood borne pathogens training to swimming and lifeguarding, Babysitter Training and Family Emergency Preparedness programs. The Middleburg Heights Community Center is proud to partner with the American Red Cross.
Go to www.redcross-cleveland.org to find out more about ARC programs in the Greater Cleveland area.
Pool Features, Rules and Policies
- Indoor Lap Section Open at all times except during scheduled programs. See Indoor Pool Schedule for details. A lap lane will be available for adults only except where indicated on the pool schedule.
- Indoor Current Channel Available for adult water walking or for swimmers to play, ride in inner tubes, or walk. This area is shared by adults and children except where indicated on the pool schedule.
- Indoor Zero Depth ONLY for children ages 8 and under with direct parental supervision.
- Water Slides Swimmers must be at least 48 inches tall to use the slide. Parents are not permitted to stand at the bottom and catch a child. This is a state of Ohio regulation and will be strictly enforced. Goggles and flotation devices are not permitted to be worn on the slide. The slide will be closed during all adult sessions and scheduled programs.
- Whirlpool/Spa Available for adults and children 15 years of age and older
- Lily Pads For adults and children who can comfortably reach the rope, or parents may hold the hand of a child to walk across.
- Outdoor Pool Deck Chaise lounge chairs are reserved for adults and children 15 years of age and older.
- Sauna/Steam Room Available for adults and children 15 years of age and older.